We all know how obsessed I am with covers and you must know the horrible moment when you realize the stunning cover you've been admiring for months is in fact another countries cover. I know I've been shocked when I receive my Amazon order and the book is ugly when I was expecting pretty. This feature will compare book covers from different countries as well as remakes and you can vote for your favorites. I just finished The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda, he has an unfortunate name but I enjoyed the book. Here are the covers:
Unknown UK
US Spain
Personally I'm not a huge fan of any of the covers but I like some much better than others. I own the UK cover so it's the one I'm used too. I like how the words are made to look like they're painted in blood but the guy is a bit of a turn off. He's supposed to look like a teenager but really he looks way older than that. Also it has the vampires in the background who I originally mistook for zombies. They look so savage and lifeless when really the vamps are smart and apart from their eating habits and a couple of other things act very similar to humans. The cover is misleading in that sense. I like the whole ripped effect of the US cover but look they have the monsters on the bottom again. I do like the people stood on the cliff though. The Spanish cover is just very boring. It has a guy staring at you. I don't see what that's supposed to show except that he's creepy. My favorite has to be the first one. I haven't seen it around nor do I know where it comes from but I do like it. I don't normally like orange but I love that colour. Also the guy looks teenagerish and he has the hair falling in his face like he's described to have. The cover is very fiery and seems to fit the story a lot better.
Title: Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams #2) Author: Caisey Quinn Publisher: William Morrow Release Date: June 16, 2015 Source: ARC from Publisher Buy the Book: Amazon / Book Depository / Indigo In the second novel in bestselling author Caisey Quinn’s Neon Dreams series, a country rock band and its members embark on the rocky rad to fame and find love along the way. Dallas Lark is so close to achieving his dream of making it big in country music that he can taste it. Arriving in Nashville after signing with sexy, successful manager Mandy Lantram, his life goes from tragedy and turmoil to one lucky break after another—except it isn’t really luck because Dallas has sacrificed everything for his career, leaving behind his band, sister, best friend, and high school sweetheart, Robyn, in the pursuit of fame. Robyn Breeland is a successful marketing coordinator and promotions specialist for a thriving liquor distributor out of Texas. She loves every aspect of her job: coming up with new ideas, tr...
Keeper of the Bees by Meg Kassel Genre: YA Paranormal Release Date: September 4th 2018 Entangled Teen Summary: “ Beauty and the beast like you’ve never imagined! ” — New York Times bestselling author Pintip Dunn KEEPER OF THE BEES is a tale of two teens who are both beautiful and beastly, and whose pasts are entangled in surprising and heartbreaking ways. Dresden is cursed. His chest houses a hive of bees that he can’t stop from stinging people with psychosis-inducing venom. His face is a shifting montage of all the people who have died because of those stings. And he has been this way for centuries—since he was eighteen and magic flowed through his homeland, corrupting its people. He follows harbingers of death, so at least his curse only affects those about to die anyway. But when he arrives in a Midwest town marked for death, he encounters Essie, a seventeen-year-old girl who suffers from debilitating delusions and hallucinations. His bees want to sting her on sight. But Essie does...
Sunday Spotlight is a weekly scheme I am running to bring publicity to lesser known authors who, in the book blogging community, it is important to support. If you are an author and you wish to be considered for it please email me at emily.confessionsofa bookaholic@gmail.com with 'Author Spotlight' in the subject line. Visiting with us at Confessions of a Bookaholic today is John Elray, author of Pattaya Beach. Hi there John, welcome to Confessions of a Bookaholic! Tell us something about Pattaya Beach which isn’t covered in the synopsis. That's a tricky question to answer without giving too much away but I'll give it a shot. Probably the best way to address this is to talk about the methodology I used when writing Pattaya Beach, namely drawing on actual events and conversations and working them into the story. These can be as simple as an off hand comment which could easily go unnoticed but in reality has a profound meaning. For example, when Fah tells Ed that she...
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét